Christmas in July Giveaway Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY OR WIN. The promotion shall be construed and evaluated according to Canadian law. Do not participate in the promotion if you are not a legal Canadian resident.
1. Eligibility: The LIPSTICK POWDER N PAINT Christmas in July Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is only open to legal residents of Canada who are 18 years of age or older at the time of participation. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of legal Canadian residency (in a form satisfactory to Host) if requested by Host to determine eligibility and as a condition of prize award. Employees, agents, and officers of LIPSTICK POWDER N PAINT (”Host”), and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees, divisions, advertising, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies (collectively, “Released Parties”), and their immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside), and persons living in the same households as such individuals (whether related or not) are not eligible to enter or win. By participating, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and to the decisions of the Host whose decisions are final and binding in all respects.
2. How to Participate: The Promotion begins on July 1, 2009 at 12:00 P.M. Eastern Time (”ET”) and ends on July 31, 2009 at 11:59 P.M. ET (the “Promotion Period”). The Promotion consists of thirty-one (31) sweepstakes (”Sweepstakes”). Limit one (1) Sweepstakes entry per person and per email address per day.
To enter, visit http://lipstickpowdernpaint.com/christmas-in-july-giveaway/ (the “Web Site”) during the Promotion Period. There, you will be asked to register for the Promotion by entering your true and correct information on the registration form. Registration is free. Submit completed registration form as indicated to receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes.
3. Returning Participants: You may return to the Web Site each day of the Promotion and complete the online entry form. There is a limit of one (1) entry per household. Multiple entries of any kind will result in disqualification.
4. Odds of Winning: The potential Prize Winner will be selected in an electronic randomized drawing from all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The drawing will be held the day after each of the Sweepstakes closes.
5. General Prize Restrictions: In no event will more than the number of prizes (31) be awarded. If due to seeding, technical, typographical, printing, electronic or other errors, the number of valid prize claims received for any prize exceeds the number of such prize set forth herein, Host reserves the right to conduct a random drawing to award the stated number of prizes for the prize from among all valid and non-suspect prize claims received for such prize. Winners are responsible for all federal, provincial and local taxes as well as all costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specified herein as being awarded. No substitution, cash redemption or transfer of any prize (or portion thereof) is permitted, except by the Host who reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Host. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited. If any winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winners set forth herein. All prize details including the colour/pattern of all prizes are at Host’s sole discretion.
6. Prize Awarding: The Host will award prizes only upon winner confirmation, verification and final approval. All prizes will be fulfilled 6 to 8 weeks after the winner has been verified.
All winners will be notified via e-mail and will be required to provide their full mailing address within five (5) days of date of issuance of winner notification. If a potential winner of a prize cannot be contacted; is ineligible; fails to provide mailing address within the specified time period, if a prize notification is returned undeliverable; or otherwise fails to fully comply with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit that prize and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner as selected by the Host from among all remaining eligible entries received.
7. General: Each winner hereby expressly grants to the Host and their respective designees all rights to use and publish his/her name, city and province of residence for solely advertising, marketing, promotional and publicity purposes in connection with this Promotion (”Advertising”), in any and all media now or hereafter devised, worldwide in perpetuity, without any form of notice or any amount or kind of compensation or permission, except where prohibited by applicable law. All copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights in such Advertising shall be owned by Host or its licensors and winning participants hereby disclaim and waive any claim of right to such Advertising. Such Advertising shall be solely under control of Host or its licensors, and winning recipients hereby waive any claim of control over the Advertising content as well as any possible claims of misuse of winning recipient’s name, likeness or voice under contract, tort or any other theory of law.
8. Conduct By participating in this Promotion, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Promotion Entities, which shall be final, binding and non-appealable in all respects. The Official Rules will be posted on the Web Site throughout the Promotion Period. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. The Host reserve the right at their sole discretion to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the participation process or the operation of the Promotion or the Web Site; or to be acting in any manner deemed the Host to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Host to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person and void all associated entries and/or prize claims. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE PROMOTION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, HOST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Limitations Of Liability: Released Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) lost, late, stolen, undelivered, inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misdirected, damaged or garbled registrations, entries, prize redemption forms, prize claims, or emails; (b) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (c) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries or game plays at any point in the operation of this Promotion; (d) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, cable, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Promotion; (e) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Web Site or any combination thereof or for computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing, seeding or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, prize claims, prize redemption forms, the announcement of the prizes, or in any other Promotion-related materials; or (f) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Promotion or download of any materials in the Promotion. If, for any reason, the Promotion (or any part thereof) is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, then the Host reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part. If terminated, the Host may, at their discretion, award Prizes from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes up to time of such action.
10. Releases: All participants, as a condition of participation in this Promotion, agree to release and hold harmless Released Parties from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, in connection with accessing the Web Site, participation in any aspect of the Promotion, or the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded.
11. List of Winners: The names of all contest winners will be listed at http://lipstickpowdernpaint.com/contest-winners/
13. Administrator: LIPSTICK POWDER N PAINT, 152 Colbeck Street, Toronto, ON, M6S 1V7
Christmas in July Giveaway Official Rules