We definitely have a gal crush on the Shameless star, Emmy Rossum — she always hits it out of the park with her red carpet looks. It was only last week that we shared her chic beauty look from the Billions premiere, and last night at the 21st annual Critics’ Choice Awards, the actress stunned in sleek Dior gown with a pop of sequins, which was complemented by her by her soft, feminine makeup look.
Makeup artist Jo Baker used Rimmel London products to create Emmy’s timeless look using soft, smoky, charcoal tones to accent the cool palette of the dress.
“Emmy fancied super sleek and modern hair — I suggested that a soft looking radiant skin and lips would be perfect but the main focus being on her eyes,” shared Baker.
Here’s how Jo Baker created Emmy Rossum’s Beauty Look from the 21st Annual Critics’ Choice…
- Jo Baker wanted Emmy’s skin to be radiant with a healthy glow in the right places, so she started with Rimmel London Lasting Finish 25HR Foundation in Ivory. “This foundation has a built-in comfort serum and a lightweight texture, preventing you from feeling any dryness or tightness that’s often associated with long wear foundations,” says Jo.
- Using a small blender eyeshadow brush, Baker applied a couple of strokes of Rimmel London Good To Glow Highlighter in Notting Hill Glow along Emmy’s nose and across her cheekbones. Jo also mixed Rimmel London Good To Glow Highlighter in Soho Glow with some body lotion and applied it to Emmy’s collar bone, arms and shoulders to keep the head-to-toe glow looking flawless.
- Next, she finished off her cheeks with a light dusting of Rimmel London’s Kate Moss Sculpting Kit. She then applied the middle tone to add some smooth contoured dimension in the hollow of her cheeks, really helping her face to pop on the red carpet.
- After prepping Emmy’s skin, Baker always likes to start with her eyes. She took Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick in Trespassing Taupe and dabbed a few rough dots along the base of her eyelid. Then working quickly smudged it over Emmy’s eyelid using her fingertip, creating a shadow base for Emmy’s eye makeup. The creamy matte taupe tone was chosen because it was the perfect soft, mushroom-toned, neutral base for her to begin to build Emmy’s smoky eyes. It also has great staying power so will help your eyeshadows adhere to the eyelid without making a mess.
- Next, Rimmel London Exaggerate Smoke ‘n Shine Eyeliner in Little Black Smokey was applied along Emmy’s lash line and smudged it with a small brush so it would appear soft and hazy, helping the lashes to appear extra volume-packed. She then slathered Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick in Bad Girl Bronze inside Emmy’s waterline, making sure some of the liner got stuck in her lower lashes, and then smudged it with the end of her fingertip. “This adds a little warmth around Emmy’s eye, which works great with her brown eyes,” says Baker.
PRO TIP: “Get your liner deeply stuck and imbedded in the root of the lower lashes – This is a great tip for making your lower lasher look thicker,” says Baker.
- Baker wanted to make Emmy’s lashes thick, full of volume, and long-lasting, so after a quick squeeze with a lash curler, she applied several generous coats of Rimmel London ScandalEyes XX-treme Mascara in Black. “The dual applicator comb/brush makes it easy for you. With one side you can whack on the volume and then tilt it around, and using the other side, you comb the mascara through from root to tip making sure not to miss one single hair!”
- Rimmel London ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick in Whitness White was dotted on the inner corners of Emmy’s eyes to brighten and keep her eyes looking fresh all night!
PRO TIP: “I love using Rimmel London Exaggerate Smoke and Shine Eyeliners and ScandalEyes Eyeshadow Stick as a base for eye makeup. You can take any color of these eyeliners smudge it onto the back of your hand allowing it to warm up – and applying with your fingers -it becomes easy to smudge over your eyelid – for a fast and effective eye makeup in only a minute!” Jo Baker shares.
- To make the actress’ brows to appear a little lighter and to stay looking soft and luminous, Rimmel London Brow This Way Eyebrow Gel in Blonde was combed through them to knock the edge off her darker brows, making them look groomed rather than dark and heavy.
- On Emmy’s lips, the makeup artist went for a gorgeous shimmery soft pale pink lip color. No lip liner necessary, she wanted it to feel soft and pretty but long lasting. Jo applied two coats of Rimmel London Provocalips in Pucker Up which created the most delicious, comfortable lip texture.
What do you think of Emmy Rossum’s look?