We have been big fans of Saoirse Ronan since she played Susie Salmon in The Lovely Bones. Now seven years later, she’s still wowing us with her performances — we haven’t seen Brooklyn as yet, but we hear she’s excellent in it.
Celebrity hairstylist, Adir Abergel, gave the 22-year-old actress a beautiful modern version of a Grecian hairdo with elements of gold threading as a back accent, at last night’s Golden Globes. Here is a step-by-step breakdown on how to recreate this look:
“I loved how Saoirse’s Yves Saint Laurent dress was both romantic and modern at the same time – I wanted to bring in elements of the sleek, shiny and graphic lines to complete the look,” shared Abergel.
· Abergel prepped the hair by applying John Frieda Luxurious Volume Perfectly Full Mousse (new) all over the roots.
· He created the part by following the highest arch in the brow and blew Saoirse’s hair dry with a round brush. He then created a very sleek finish to the hair texture by flat ironing the ends.
· Once the hair was shiny and sleek, Abergel took the side of her hair with the deep part and tucked it behind the ears for a clean look and sprayed with John Frieda Frizz Ease KeraFLEX Flexible Hold Hairspray.
· To start working on the back of the hair, he created some criss-crossing cornrow braids just under the ears and wrapped the braids with gold thread to add some great architectural lines to the look. Once he wrapped the braids in gold, Abergel went over the back of her hair one more time with a flat iron to ensure a beautiful high finish.
· To complete this look, Abergel took the crisscrossed braids and pinned them in place over the flat ironed hair to make two lines of gold.
· For the last step and a finishing touch, John Frieda Frizz Ease Expert Finish Polishing Serum was applied on the ends.