On Sunday night, Selena Gomez walked the red carpet in a black knit Calvin Klein from the Fall 2015 collection. I have to say, I love this dress on the runway model, but not on Selena – sorry! I think it looks frumpy.
Red carpet attire aside, Selena’s makeup was flawless, and definitely age appropriate.
“I kept Selena’s makeup simple and sophisticated to not compete with her elegant Calvin Klein gown,” said celebrity makeup artist, Jake Bailey. He’s worked with famous faces, such as Katy Perry, Sarah Jessica Parker and Jessica Chastain.
Here’s your step-by-step guide on how Bailey achieved Selena Gomez’s look at the MTV VMAs.
The Beauty Breakdown
- Bailey prepped Gomez’s skin with REN Skincare Evercalm Global Protection Day Cream and a few drops of REN Skincare Keep Young and Beautiful Instant Firming Beauty Shot to create a smooth canvas.
- While he let the product absorb, he began working on the eyes, using COVERGIRL Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Black Onyx to define her upper lash line.
- He then used Nars Velvet Shadow Stick in Shimmering Peacock all over her lids and lower lash lines and also blended it out with a small soft shadow brush for a smokey affect.
- Bailey finished the sultry eyes look with a coat of COVERGIRL The Super Sizer Mascara by LashBlast to create dramatic, show-stopping lashes.
- To even out her the singer’s skin tone, Bailey used COVERGIRL Clean Liquid Foundation and then applied a coral cream blush from CHANEL to warm up her complexion.
- He set the foundation and cream blush with a light dusting of Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder and added a touch of the Nars Gienah Contour Blush onto the hollows of her cheeks to accentuate her cheekbones.
- The look was finished off with a thin application of COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick in Coffee Crave for the perfect nude pout!