1. Need your furniture to do double-duty? Choose the Manhattan Cocktail ottoman in brown faux leather, which provides extra seating, storage and lids can be flipped to reveal removable serving trays.
Worldwide HF Manhattan Cocktail Ottoman $399.99; www.sears.ca.
2. Add a touch of warmth from a fireplace, without having to do extensive renovations. The Wall Mount Fireplace uses gel fuel and is as easily hung on the wall as hanging a picture.
Southern Enterprises Wall Mount Silver Fireplace $315; www.lnt.com.
3. Chef Daniel Boulud wants to tantalize taste buds with his latest offering: Cocktails & Amuse-Bouches, For Her and Him. This two volume boxed set includes creations by Boulud and his mixologist Xavier Herit, perfectly suited for the cinq a sept crowd.
Cocktails & Amuse-Bouches, For Her and Him by Chef Daniel Boulud $50; www.assouline.com.
4. No longer not wanted in the living room – the television is a welcome part of the room. Go for broke with 3D capability, 1080p and 60” of screen from LG, that’s also wifi ready, DLNA certified and with USB/PC inputs.
LG 60” 3D 1080p Plasma HDTV $1499.95; www.bestbuy.ca.
5. Remember the good times – whether a special birthday, a favourite vacation or family moments by finding a new home for all those photos with the Black’s Photo Book, Upload, make choices and presto, photo book created.
Black’s Photo Book Design Service $11.99 (starting from); www.blacks.ca.
6. Keep the men busy with the past – a limited edition Blu-ray box set of historical series Band of Brothers and The Pacific. Includes bonus disc with 60 minute documentary Called to Service, interviews with historians and veterans.
HBO Band of Brothers/ The Pacific Special Edition Blu-ray Gift Set $225; www.amazon.ca.