Ask an Oral Health Expert

Lipstick Powder N Paint wants you to be beautiful­ ‑ inside and out ‑ and the best way to do that is to make sure you have all your questions answered by true beauty experts. Every Monday, our experts will be answering your questions about skincare, makeup, hair and oral health.

Today’s expert is Dr. Lee Gause, DDS of Smile Design Manhattan.

dr-lee-gause-dds Dr. Lee Gause DDS is the head of Smile Design Manhattan, New York’s premiere state-of-the-art dental facility, and a member of various dental associations including the ADA, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentists, International College of Oral Implantologists and New York Invisalign Study Group. Dr Gause is also the recipient of several prestigious awards including “2006 Recognition for Lecturing to Young Dentists,” presented by Health and Hospitals Corporation, “Oral Biology Award,” from the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research and “Graduating Dentist Award: Exemplary Character and Highest Level of Clinical Skill” and “Best in Residency Award,”given by Howard University.

Today’s question is one we’ve all probably wondered at some point…

Q: I have a chip in my front tooth and it makes me feel quite self conscious. How can I fix this?

A: There are several ways to fix a chipped tooth. Factors that will help your dentist decide which option is best to fix your chipped tooth include the size and direction of the chip as well as the appearance of the other unaffected teeth. Bonding with composite (tooth-colored filling material) is the least invasive way to repair a chip. A dentist can repair the chip this way without much cost and in as little as 15 minutes. If the chip is larger in size, you may have to do a porcelain restoration, which is very lifelike and last a long time.

About the author



Leave a Comment

Copy Protected by Chetan's WP-Copyprotect.