Inspire your hostess with these delectable and delicious treats this holiday season. With something for everyone, you’ll be accepting all those holiday party invites after all!
1. Help them plan their next dinner party with Rachel Ray’s newest book, Rachael Ray’s Book of 10: More than 300 recipes to cook everyday ($24.95). There’s a chapter on Burgers with 10 Figure-Friendly Faves, 10 of John’s Faves, and 10 Gut-Busters. Rachel’s lists of Date Night/Fake Outs, Seafood for a Steal, and Potluck Picks will inspire creative and healthy eating every night.
Available online at www.chapter.indigo.ca and www.amazon.com
2. There’s something about roasting chestnuts by an open fire that puts everyone in the Holiday spirit. This season, treat your hostess to the gift of a warm, buttery chestnut fragrance and aromatic cinnamon and clove with the Williams-Sonoma Essential Oils Collection in Spiced Chestnut (from US $12.95). This Earth-friendly gift contains no parabens and is biodegradable. Now that’s something to sing about.
Available at Williams Sonoma locations across North America or online at williams-sonoma.com
3. A bottle of wine is a perfect holiday hostess gift, but wrap it with a tabletop wine chiller and you’ve got the perfect pairing. We like the Waring Pro Wine Chiller ($85), for its streamlined body and blue backlit screen. With an internal database of different wines, it finds and controls the temperature for that perfect white or red.
4. Who doesn’t love a nice warm cuppa on a cold wintery day. That’s why we love the Teastick (US $18) from Gamila. The ultimate infuser for tea enthusiasts features intuitive scoop-slide-steep functionality while maintaining the aesthetic of traditional loose tea service. Pair the teastick with a variety of green and black teas and let them sit back and enjoy.
For stores nearest you or to purchase online visit gamilacompany.com
5. Give the gift of spring with this colourful little Chip Cheery Chirping Bird Magnet (US $15.50) from Delight. Perfect for holding paperclips or your favorite recipe in place, this singing canary chirps when you touch it. A cute addition to a home office or kitchen, pair it with your favorite recipe or two and watch it tweet.
Available online at delight.com
6. For the gourmet foodie, a gift basket from Kurtz Orchards is a delicious choice. Choose from bread toppers made with herb-infused asiago cheese, wine jellies, pumpkin butter, tapenades and fruit jams in every imaginable flavor (from $6). Each one will leave mouths watering, so may we suggest the golden rule of one for them and one for you, one taste and you’ll be hard-pressed to part with them.
Available at Kurtz Orchards in Niagara-on-the-lake, Kurtz Orchards Gourmet Marketplace at Bayview Village in Toronto or online at kurtzorchards.com